The Beheaded Goddess 365

Meg Place in Michigan has started a daily photography project she's calling The Beheaded Goddess 365... 


Why did you decide to do this project? Started January 1st, 2011, I decided to try to take and post at least one photo everyday for a year.  I'm an amateur photographer, I'd love to take some classes but at the moment I can't afford it, so I thought forcing myself to practice my technical and artistic skills everyday would help me improve.  I had never "365" projects, but I'm also working on setting up an Etsy shop to sell some of my better work and I saw the "Make Something Every Day" post today.  I was really excited to see that this is something that others have done.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I'm only a week into this project, but I have to say that I'm actually surprised I've lasted this long.  I'm someone who constantly has ideas and plans for projects but rarely gets them past the "thinking about it" phase.  I usually convince myself I'll fail before I even start.  I actually haven't told hardly anyone about this project of mine yet; I didn't even tell my husband until I'd at least done 3 or 4 posts.  So if I stick with this and finish I think it will profoundly change the way I feel about what I'm capable of.


See all of Meg's photos on her site HERE.

No comments: