Hello, The Future!

Blue in Washington, DC is recording herself performing a new song (many of them originals) every week for a year (while sitting on her kitchen table). She calls it Hello, The Future!...



Why did you decide to do this project? I used to be a musician, and I got tired of not being one anymore.  More specifically: I knew that if I started a project like this, something interesting was bound to happen and I'd be a changed person by the end of it.

How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? Doing Hello, The Future! has, surprisingly, made me much more honest both with myself and with other people.  There's a phenomenal change that comes with realizing that people are actually listening to what you have to say (or sing, in my case).  If you put something out there and someone listens to it, the next thing you put out there is that much more honest and true.  And then you realize that people connect to honesty and authenticity, and it's so amazing for a person like me who was always a little afraid of being herself. 

I have made so many friends and met so many wonderful people doing this project.  It's also opened up a number of performance opportunities; I even released an album, Infinity Right Now, and there's likely to be a second album in 2011.  The whole thing has been just a gigantic amazing wonderful experience; and "hello, the future!" is exactly the best title I could have given the project. 



Watch Blue sing all of her songs on her site HERE.

No comments: