My Daily Tree

Brenda in northern Illinois is doing a "journal of art, creativity and exploration" she calls, My Daily Tree...


Why did you decide to do this project?  I have been trying for a while to start up my artwork again. (I used to do the art fair circuit as well as be an art therapist)  Nothing seemed to motivate me but when I picked up this book after Christmas, my interest was peaked.  It took me a while to get started but now I am having a great time!  I'm creating a tree each day following the guidelines in 365: A Daily Creativity Journal.  I chose trees as my theme because I've always had a connection to trees and the seasons.  It's always shown up in my artwork, but I've never done anything quite like the trees inspired by this book!



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life?  Well, I believe in myself a little bit now; frankly, I think I've been scared to start creating art again because I thought I wouldn't be able to do it.  I've proved myself wrong :)  Being creative daily has brought me new energy, new insights, and joy.  My family looks forward to seeing what I do and they've also gotten involved.  Putting myself out there with the blog took some courage on my part; I panicked a little bit after I did it.  But I've gotten great feedback and I can't wait to see where this year takes me!


See all of Brenda's trees HERE.

No comments: