Become More Me

Carol Sessums, who lives "near" Jackson, Mississippi is posting every day to her blog Become More Me. She explains that her blog is about, "daily strategies for self-improvement and personal development, such as self-improvement book studies, as well as anything else I can use to better my life and help others to better theirs."...




Why did you decide to do this project?   I needed to make more time for reading.  So, I did.  I got up a bit earlier than normal.  I started to read the intro to The Purpose Driven Life and had an epiphany!  I need to share this!  What an inspiration!  How can I do this?  Get a book club together – Nah!  No time for all that.  I need to do something that will bring people together, get people to read, get me to read, get people motivated to change their life, get me motivated to change my life, and do all this while not taking any quality time away from my daughter and our daily routines.  A blog!

So, then I decided this would be the first book, and then I thought of others that inspired me, jotted those down, and decided to make it a part of my daily routine.  Get up, get coffee, sit down, read the chapter, journal about it, blog about it and how I can relate.  Perhaps others can relate.  We are all different and interpret what we read differently and figured this would be a good way to share with each other.

How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life?  I’m only 73 days in, but it’s made a tremendous impact on my life, thus far.  I see so many ways I can better my life and I want to be the best I can be, not just for myself, but also for my wonderful daughter, mom, family, as well as anyone I come in contact with.  I want to help others do the same – to be their best.

Since beginning, I’ve also started a weight-loss self-challenge, posting pictures of myself before, during and after, keeping up with numbers (weight, size, calories consumed daily, length of workouts, etc.), hoping to shrug off 52 pounds in 17 weeks (March 13-July 10) and actually be ok with wearing a swimsuit this summer.  I’m going to do it, too!  Who’s with me?

Read more from Carol HERE.

No comments: