Dog A Day

Archie Miller in Charlottesville, Virginia was inspired by my Skull-A-Day project to create Dog A Day. He explains, "It was originally a dog a day for 91 days starting April 1, 2011. After just 30 days I decided to expand it to 365 days. It’s drawing, sculpture, found objects, optical illusions, or anything else I can use to get it done daily."...



Why did you decide to do this project? I have a beagle, Caroline, who is my daily inspiration, and often my subject. Dogs and art go way back providing insights into our own behavior, and at the same time, enriching their own lives through a meaningful relationship. It’s very symbiotic.

How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life?So far, it seems everything in my life has changed. I’m better at problem-solving, I’m more creative, I see things differently, my relationships with others have improved, my dog likes me better, and Osama Bin Laden was finally caught.


See all of Archie's dogs HERE.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Looked back at a few of your other "dogs"....great stuff!!! Made me smile and that's as good as it gets! Thanks for sharing and keep it up...looks like you really are having fun!

Tricia said...

I just checked out your blog - I love "dog descending a staircase" - genius!