Habitual Hands

Tricia Whitworth Daniels in Chico, California is doing a project called Habitual Hands...



Why did you decide to do this project? I enjoy collecting hands. I have a visceral reaction to the form. My collection probably numbers in the hundreds. Many are creeped out by my hands but I'm OK with that. I have wanted to photo-document the collection for years.

I am also a graphic designer... This project allows me to combine the two with the challenge of a daily deadline. My only client is the calendar. My compensation is the daily accomplishment of finishing a project.




How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I started in February. So far this challenge is a welcome distraction. As my day-to-day life sometimes meanders in directions beyond my control... Habitual Hands is a project that I give myself permission to spend time on, and I completely enjoy it. I have made wonderful visual discoveries that would have never happened if I didn’t start this project. I even made a crazy hand-shaped meatloaf to bring to an Oscar themed party! Good times.


See all of Tricia's hands HERE.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Thanks for posting (and inspiring) my 365! It's been really fun so far!