New York 365

Liz Jehan in NYC is spending a year exploring and documenting her city in New York 365 ...



Why did you decide to do this project? When I first started living in New York, I was constantly in awe of everything around me. Everything was new and exciting for me back then. Even a ride on the subway was fun. However, that was 15 years ago, and lately I have been finding myself unimpressed by the city. It is not because the city has suddenly become unimpressive. It is because I have stopped paying attention. I recently rediscovered a picture I took of the city skyline, and it reminded me of how I felt about New York 15 years ago. It was almost love at first sight all over again. Yes, I still love New York and this project is a tribute to that love. NY 365 is an ode to the city, and a prayer that my love affair with it will never end. 




How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life?  The project has rekindled in me a sense of wonderment and appreciation for beauty and the chance every day to witness it in all its forms. On a practical level, the NY 365 project has forced me to learn more about my camera, and photography in general. The project has also helped me reconnect with my long lost friend who was inspired to start her own 365 project. It is a parallel to NY 365, but hers is in NJ.   


See all of Liz's New York HERE.

1 comment:

PrixMadonna said...

What a great concept & lovely photos!