A Year and a Day of Mythical Poetry

Mythica von Griffyn in Denver, Colorado is doing A Year and a Day of Mythical Poetry. She says, "A year and a day used to be the amount of time for an engagement in the old days. It is considered a year of commitment."...



Why did you decide to do this project?  After seeing the movie "Julie & Julia" seeing how a year project affected her life, and became a movie, I decided to do write poetry for a year and a day. Also another poetry critic had said that American poetry only reacted to the environment rather than created something we could strive for. Thus began my journey on September 13th, 2010.

How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? After the first 100 days I then realized that I had also not had a migraine since I began the project! That in processing my emotions through the poetry I greatly reduced the frequency and severity of the ones I did get, now only sporadically due to something in the physical environment. I have had many people tell me through comments on the poetry website how the poetry has helped inspire them as much as it has me. My poetry website has grown from 2,000 hits a month to 5,000... and I have been FLOORED & deeply touched by the faithful following.


Read all of Mythica's poetry HERE or on Facebook HERE.

No comments: