500 Days of April

April Barlett in Richmond, VA is recording her journey as an artist, art teacher and new mother to two small boys with a photo & haiku each day at 500 Days of April... 


I sent him upstairs
to put on clothes for dinner
and here's what he found

Why did you decide to do this project? I started this project because I needed an outlet for my creativity but it needed to be brief, cheap, require few materials, no mess and require little time.



 
Just your typical
after dinner/before bed
extreme bubble sprint

How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? As a an artist and art teacher I am driven to make and build but as a mother to a two year old and one year old my priorities are focused on caring for them.  Providing a creative outlet (although small and inconsistent) has given my art spirit the motivation that got lost in the shuffle of motherhood.




Flip. Flop. Flip. Flop. Flip.
Considering the options
he made a fine choice!



See all of April's days HERE.

No comments: