Burger365 Follow-Up

I've decided to periodically check back in with some folks who have completed their 365 projects...

Charlton Yu made a year's worth of hamburgers from May 17, 2010 to May 16, 2011 in Burger365...


What are the biggest lessons/skills you learned from doing your project? One of the toughest parts of this project for me was putting in the time and dedication required to complete it. Now I know that I have the perseverance to succeed and can apply this knowledge to my everyday life. Furthermore, I was able to hone such skills such as painting, sculpture and digital illustration.



In what ways did the project change your life? Now that the project is over, I feel like any day that I am not working on a project (besides allowing time off for fun/relaxation), is a day that something is missing. Having established the routine of working on the daily project, I feel like I should be still be creating and exploring new ideas all the time.


Now what? I will occasionally create “Bonus Burger365” pieces, will be going back to re-create past pieces – “Burger365: Redux”, and am still updating the Everything Burger website with great burger related items found around the world.  I also have other art projects as well, such as working with a laser cutter.


See Charlton's original 365 interview HERE.
And see all of Charlton's burgers and other collected burger items HERE.


Have you finished your own 365 project? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments: