365 Creativity Project

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan in Whitesburg, Georgia is making a 365 Creativity Project...

She explains, "I am attempting to do something creative every day for a year. This may include journal writing, haiku, poetry, stories, blog entries, drawing, graphic design, painting, photography, craft projects, or any other creative thing I do during the day."



Why did you decide to do this project?  I have been thinking of doing something like this for several years, but had procrastinated about it. I bought a new computer, software, and other equipment in December 2011 with the intention to use them creatively. In December, I also bought and read the books, 365 A Daily Creativity Project Journal and Unstuck by Noah Scalin. Afterward, I decided I could do this.




How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I have only been doing my project a short time, but I am producing more writing and art than I have in a very long time. Most days, so far, I have included several things I have produced. I made my requirements intentionally broad so that anything creative counts. I am enjoying the work. Sharing what I am doing has inspired other people to become more creative in their own lives, which makes me extremely happy. I believe everyone is creative. Helping others discover and use their talents is very important to me. As I continue the project, ideas seem to come more easily and I find inspiration all around me. I feel I am putting my investments from December to good use. I hope at the end of the year I will have done some work in my project that is suitable for wider publication.



See all of Jo Ann's projects HERE.

No comments: