Celeb A Day

My friend Nate "Igor" Smith in Brooklyn, NY is posting a Celeb A Day He explains, " I have photographed so many celebrities in my job as an event and nightlife photographer. I am not a paparazzi and I don't really intentionally shoot any celebrity stuff but I decided one day to make a list of all of the famous people I have photographed and the count was over 300 so I decided to try to post one a day for a year."

Why did you decide to do this project? I though it would be a fun way to show off my celebrity work and possibly gain some new fans of my photography on Tumblr.
 

How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I guess since I am not exactly creating new things (although I have shot a bunch of new celebs since I started) it hasn't changed my life in any real way, however it has managed to completely stress me out. I have also not really gained any sort of following for the site so the whole thing has been pretty disappointing. That being said it is a great exercise in persistence and discipline and I am very determined to see it through to the end. It's because of this that I rarely do auto posts and I try to take the time to update it every single day.


See all of Nate's celebrity's HERE

No comments: