365 Days of Quote Illustrations

Renee Quizon, originally from Manila, Philippines, but currently residing in Alberta, Canada is doing 365 Days of Quote Illustration...


Why did you decide to do this project? I decided to take on this project because I was looking for a new means of creatively expressing myself. And of course, inspired by the challenge that the Skull-A-Day project brought about, it was imperative that I do my own '365 Days' project.

I chose to do quote illustrations by female artists, writers, and personalities for five reasons: I love to read, I love to write, I love to draw & doodle, I love to celebrate women’s contributions to the arts as a woman myself, and most of all, I love the fact that there is such a powerful sense of creative freedom that merging the first four reasons brings to me. 



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I wasn’t initially planning to do this daily, my intention was only to be able to do as much as I can in the next 365 non-consecutive days. But I think sharing this project to others I will be more motivated and inspired to do it daily since ‘it’s out there’, there’s no way I cannot NOT do it now everyday. What this project is bringing into my life at this moment is more creative room for me to grow in. As Maya Angelou puts it, “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.”


See all of Renee's quotes HERE.

2 comments:

Frances said...

I love the tear-drop quote, beautifully done.

Unknown said...

Thanks for that kind comment, Frances.