365 Names Follow-up

Lauren in Canada completed her 365 Names project after 366 days on January 31, 2013! She says, "I still cannot believe that I managed to make it through all 366 days and had a different name every single day! I still have ideas on my original list that never got made!"




What are the biggest lessons/skills you learned from doing your project? I've learned that creativity is endless. Even though there were many days that I struggled with a new fresh idea and had to resort to something a little "less" creative, I still did something different each day. About half way through the project I also decided that, as a huge CFL fan, I would create a Winnipeg Blue Bombers-themed name on every game day in honour of the team. Creating a total of 20 football-related names was not easy! I loved that it pushed my creativity in another new way! This project has made me look for new ideas in the strangest of places.



In what ways did the project change your life? Well, I don't like the name "Lauren" anymore. Kidding! :) I began this project as a way to appreciate my birth name and learn to love it in a way that, I guess, my parents had always intended me. I love my name even more now. I love seeing it on book jackets, movie credits or those keychains that you find in souvenir shops! This project also taught me that I really do have the capacity to be committed to a project like this. I never thought it would be possible because I'd attempted 365-projects before but this one I was passionate about and it just worked.


Now what? Now, it is time to take a break from creating "Laurens" every day! I loved it but these last two months have really stretched me and pushed my creativity and I need to focus my creativity on other projects that I have going. I'd love to take on something like this again--I just need to find an idea that I'm passionate about. In the meantime, I'm working on my Project Life album that I began on January 1 and am looking forward to putting in a little more time and creativity into it now that my {365}Names project is complete. This was an absolutely amazing experience and one that I would highly recommend to anyone needing the challenge!


Read Lauren's original 365 interview HERE.


See all of Lauren's names HERE.

No comments: