Tender Hearts

Sadie Ussery in Iowa is helping to bring awareness to eating disorders and working on prevention as part of her yearlong project Tender Hearts...





Why did you decide to do this project? I had the book for quite awhile. Being a mom of 5 girls I find it hard to use my creative side. Normally my creativeness is trying to figure out a new way to make Mac and Cheese. I really wanted to be able to use it for my blog and find a way to help moms reach out to their daughters. I use most of the prompts to make something with my girls. They love being able to create with me and I love getting my creative mind working again!


How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? So far I have learned that I shouldn't limit myself and that there is always something new I can learn from my daughters. At first I was thinking that it would be easier to do the project by myself (And honestly it probably would be) but doing it with my daughters brings up conversations and questions that get me thinking. Everyday has been full of deep meaningful honest questions that help me know how I can help them better. Having struggled from an eating disorder I want to prevent them from struggling and this project has really made that possible!


See all of Sadie's Tender Hearts HERE.

No comments: