Uma mandala por dia - One mandala per day

Cândida Campos, a graphic designer in Portugal is making Uma mandala por dia - One mandala per day.



Why did you decide to do this project? In early November a friend showed me your 365 site and suggested i could do a mandala per day. And without thinking it to much, i dived into it. Although at the time it wasn't a rational decision, I realized this is an amazing creativity exercise. I took the challenge exactly to get unstuck. My criativity was a bit lost in the last years and i've decided to do something about it.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? This is a daily challenge. I have kids, work to do, a house to take care. Sometimes i have a previous idea I want to develop. Sometimes it almost midnight and I have no clue of what to do. But, every day, it arrives from somewhere. This flash idea that flows, something that keeps growing inside of me and a new mandala is born. Sometimes I'm so tired I just want to go to sleep, but this daily responsibility is huge and has a life of it's own... so I look at my blank canvas and get to work. And this is giving me a lot of happiness. I feel creative, more active and I'm receiving a great feedback. All together, its giving me more confidence and makes me feel like an artist instead of just a designer. It makes me have an excuse to explore art mediums, play with shapes, geometry, colours and try a bunch of new stuff. And have a "me-time".



See all of Cândida's mandalas HERE.

4 comments:

suriaflow said...

thanks Noah!

Unknown said...

Love u

strangelfreak said...

Amazing Work ! congrats Ioni. can't wait to see a mandala with all the mandalas you made =)

suriaflow said...

ahhhh i like that idea :D