365 Lil' Guy Portraits

Scott Krichau in Albuquerque, New Mexico is creating 365 Lil' Guy Portraits...


 His rules are:
 - Draw a "lil' guy" every day for the next year.
 - Color them when I can.  Ink and travel don't mix well.
 - Write something about each "lil' guy," but not too much.

Why did you decide to do this project?
I got to watch Carolyn Curtis work on her last 365 and figured I needed to do this.  I can make the time each day to draw, color, and write.  I awake to a blank paper each morning.  It's a great way to start the day and get the mind working.  Hope we can get the dog to start one of his own next year.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I've been struggling with writing the story of my "lil' guys."  Coming up with characters has always been easy, but naming them and giving them a chance to express something has evaded me.  I really enjoy letting each "lil' guy" become their own character.  First names combined with an observation about life become just enough info to know the "lil' guy.



See all of Scott's Lil' Guys HERE.

No comments: