Artist Interview: Freehand Profit

I recently had the pleasure of talking with my friend Gary Lockwood AKA Freehand Profit about our mutual interests as working artists and I recorded the conversation to share with you!


This LA-based artist is internationally known for his work transforming highly sought after sneakers into one-of-a-kind masks. He discovered this technique through his yearlong practice making masks, which was inspired by my own Skull-A-Day project!

In this hour long conversation we discuss: 

  • The artist's education
  • Working with galleries
  • Valuing your work
  • Making a living
  • Priorities and balance
  • Your unique vision
  • Art collectors
  • Goals
  • Success & fame
  • and more!


And here are some links to some things we mentioned:

I hope you enjoy our discussion as much as we did!

p.s. This project happened because of my Patreon supporters! If you like it, please consider becoming one of my supporters there as well

No comments: