A Boat A Day

Luna Staple in Bristol, UK is making A Boat a Day...



Why did you decide to do this project? I wanted a challenge; I read loads of other posts on the blogspot and got inspired! Then I realised it would be great to see if I could actually do something for a whole year. I have never done anything like that before; things like New Year’s resolutions only work for about a week on me. I also want to get into the deep dark corners of my studio and use the things I have been squirrelling away for years, and to try out some different techniques in my art.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? So far I am only on day 11, mostly I have just had a bit of direction every day. I wake up and I know I need to do a boat. It has been getting me out of the house a bit more, and I am really good at unfinished projects, so for me I have managed to watch myself complete something every day! Also my friends all think I’m crazy and are putting bets down to see how long I last! Aren’t they lovely…

Oh and I see boats almost everywhere I go.



See all of Luna's boats HERE

1 comment:

Frances said...

Lots of lovely details in your boats Luna. Good luck with your project.