365 Days of Anime

Leah Hotchkiss in Marengo, Illinois is creating 365 Days of Anime...




Why did you decide to do this project? I went to a workshop where the teacher introduced me to the 365 creativity journal.  I finally got a copy for Christmas, and attempted to do a unicorn a day.  When that fizzled out after less than a month, I realized that the things I love to create most have to do with anime, so I started again.  Really, I just wanted something fun to do and bring a little direction into my otherwise mundane life.


How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I've seen a remarkable increase in my drawing abilities!  I've also had the chance to try a bunch of new things and create cosplay accessories that I always put off.  I've also improved with using digital tools for drawings, which is a skill I've always wanted to work on.  I've also been having a lot more fun than I usually do, because I'm always looking forward to what I'll work on next.  Once I finish the year, I might continue for who knows how long!



See all of Leah's anime HERE.

No comments: