365 Butterflies

Kelly Godlewski in Huntington Beach, California is making 365 Butterflies...



Why did you decide to do this project? I was reading an Etsy article on January 1st that highlighted your book.  I decided to go check out your blog and see what it was all about.  I was really excited about the idea and being January 1st, I decided to jump right in and give it a go.  I enjoying creating many different things and sometimes I don't have the focus or the routine to keep things going.  I thought this would be a great experience.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? It has been quite the journey.  I thought two weeks in, How can I keep this up?  Sometimes finding the time is easy and quite enjoyable, while other days it proves to be more difficult.  There is a great sense of accomplishment from completing each day though.  It's nice because my entire family is on board and they ask me if I have completed my butterfly for the day.  They have been great helpers and a couple times they have been part of my composition.  Some of the funnier experiences are butterflies that I have completed at restaurants.  Knowing that I won't have time to complete my butterfly when I get home, I end up playing with my food.  There have been quite the variety of food butterflies, but my most memorable one, not because of the butterfly, is one I created in a nicer restaurant.  In between courses, the bus boy was waiting to clear my plate and I didn't realize it.  Once I finished the butterfly and took my picture, he came over and said nice job.  It was a little embarrassing but also funny.  My girls got a kick out of it.  It's things like that make this journey quite incredible at times.  I have 69 more to go, which still seems like a lot but I am already thinking about continuing on next year. I am enjoying what this process has brought out in me and how I am finding that bit of time to do something extra throughout the day.


See all of Kelly's butterflies HERE.

No comments: