Foreground/Background podcast episode 12: Alfonso Pérez Acosta

The latest episode of my Foreground/Background podcast is out now! Give it a listen below or subscribe on iTunes or Spotify to get every new episode as soon as it comes out.




In this episode I interview Alfonso Pérez Acosta. Alfonso is a Colombian artist who received a Fine Arts Degree as well as a Masters in Education in Bogotá. Since 2007, he has been actively involved in art education as a teacher for elementary, middle and high school groups at various schools and non-profit organizations. He is now the Art Program Director with Sacred Heart Center in Richmond, VA.

In this hour long conversation we discuss: 

  • Finding comfort in art making
  • Teaching art
  • Changing perspectives
  • and more

I couldn’t have made this podcast without my Patreon supporters! If you enjoyed this podcast please leave a comment and let me know what resonates with you and give it a thumbs up or 5 star review wherever you listen to it. And of course if you’re not already a Patreon supporter I hope you’ll check it out at Patreon.com/NoahScalin. For as little as $5 a month you get access to my studio and practice including content available nowhere else.


No comments: