The Neptune Collective

Elise Mahan in Oakland, California is doing a painting a day project she calls The Neptune Collective. She explains that it's, "a continuously evolving visual narrative that spans one year and is devoted to my love of research and exploration into the study of astronomy and cosmology."



Why did you decide to do this project? The act of creating a painting every single day allows me to research and explore the vast and complex universe through a collection of visual studies. My paintings are also inspired by my work with children. I am an Art Studio Coordinator for a East Bay non-profit called Habitot Children's Museum, which has served a wide range of children and families from different countries and socioeconomic backgrounds in the East Bay for 14 years.


How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? My experiences developing art projects for this program has shown me that anything is possible and there are no constraints or boundaries in the art making process.


See all of Elsie's paintings on her blog HERE and buy her work on Etsy HERE.

No comments: