There's a darkness upon me that's flooded in light.

Meg Paulette is taking a photo day for a year in her There's a darkness upon me that's flooded in light project...



Why did you decide to do this project? Ever since I tried and failed to do a project like this a few years ago I have wanted to try again.  I kept waiting for a significant date or "the right time" and finally on a totally random day at entirely the wrong time I actually started again.  I want art to be a part of my daily life, even if it is in a relatively small way.  I want to improve as a photographer, and just like anything that requires practice.  And especially with photography you get the added bonus of documenting important things in your life and it is super cool to be able to look back and remember a little piece of each day.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I joke in my first post that the last time I did one of these projects my whole life basically imploded.  It's sort of true, though of course I can't give all the credit to my project, but when you literally "focus" on your life everyday amazing things seem to happen, and you can't continue on without being conscious of what's going on around you. Which speeds up the natural process of growth, as an artist and as a person.  I'm ready for that again right now, a jump start that will get me out of my comfortable rut and not let me put off my own creative work "til tomorrow".


See all of Meg's photos HERE

No comments: