My Year in Art

Emily Hack in Herndon, Virginia is making My Year in Art. She explains it as, "365 days of using 3 mediums (Photography, collage and drawing), and using the prompts in the book as inspiration. Trying to improve my techniques in all 3 mediums and maybe find my own style."...



Why did you decide to do this project? I found the book at the book store and thought it to be a great idea. The last few months I have been in an creative dry spell, and have started projects only to abandon them. This projects has more or less forced me to see projects to the end, each and every day.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I have only been doing the project for such a short time, but I have already seen an improvement in myself. I am having an easier time coming up with ideas (with the book's help). I am also making time to think about and do these projects, no putting them off. The daily deadline has done wonders for me.



See all of Emily's art HERE.