Natalee's Owl A Day

Natalee Richards in Michigan is making an Owl A Day...





Why did you decide to do this project? I decided to do this project because I was browsing through books at Barnes & Noble and stumbled upon this journal telling me that I could make something everyday and "change my life." I picked it up and then put it back because I assumed it was something I wouldn't be able to follow through with. Something, however, brought me back to the book. I decided that I needed it and that doing this project would be just what I need to get my creativity flowing. I love doing creative projects, but I always seem to have a real problem following through with and finishing them. I have a tendency to procrastinate and I felt that this would give me the extra push to actually do something. I wasn't sure i was exactly "ready" to start the project, but I figured that you can never really be completely ready for a project that continues every single day for a year, so I had to just dive right in!


How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? This project has affected my life by making a goal for each day: make an owl! I definitely think it is helping my creativity grow. I see a lot of things in a different way now because I'm always thinking "How could I make this into an owl?" Anytime friends of mine see me grabbing random objects and putting them together, they'll give me a strange look and ask "What are you doing?" and before I even have to answer, they say "OH, you're making an owl!" I think it is also kind of rubbing off on some of them. I must admit, there are some days where I say "Okay, I've made it far enough. I can just quit now, right?"  Something always makes me continue, though. I think it has definitely helped me to be creative everyday, even when I'm not quite feeling up to it. I know that I have committed myself to this, so I can't give up! It also feels good to have people wanting to see my owls each day and telling me that they actually make their days. I appreciate all of the support and help I get from everyone in doing this project. And lastly, I appreciate the inspiration from Noah.




See all of Natalee's owls HERE.

2 comments:

re-smile said...

I love your owls - especially the tie ones! So creative, thanks for sharing! :)

Ange said...

Nice! I'll be following this one.
:)