One Coffee Cup a Day

Bernat Cuni of  Cunicode design studio in Barcelona, Spain decided to create One Coffee Cup a Day for a month...



Bernat explains, "One Cup a Day project is an experiment on creativity and rapid manufacturing, by ideating, designing, modeling and making available for production and purchase a espresso coffee cup within 24 hours, during one month. By the end of each day, a new espresso coffee cup was made available for sale here. The cups are 3D-printed in Glazed Ceramics by Shapeways.com."...




Why did you decide to do this project? I wanted to prove the amazing capabilities of additive manufacturing, Designing and making available for purchase an end product within 24 hours.
I choose to design a coffee cup because due to the costs of  3D-printing in ceramics with a glaze finnish, I wanted to make something relatively small and useful at the same time. Besides that, I'm a regular espresso drinker and I really like tiny ceramic cups, smaller the better.




How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I did this for 30 days nonstop and it was challenging, engaging and fun. A perfect combination for enjoying what you are doing. I found that having ideas was the easiest part of the project; in fact, from day 25th I realized that I still had many ideas but only 5 days to come, so I had to choose. The project didn't affected my life because I tend to be quite busy, no matter what I'm doing, so I experienced the same good work/life balance as always.


See all of Cunicodes's coffee cups HERE.

2 comments:

mass said...

I like this one :)

LissC said...

wow, they are all great, but a few of them really wowed me! These are fabulous!