Sun A Day

Tara Raymo in Florida is making the appropriately named Sun A Day...




Why did you decide to do this project? I got inspired to do a Sun A Day everyday for a year, by the Skull A Day Project and The Make Something 365 Journal. My goal with this project is to push myself creatively and I am such a procrastinator that I want to push my way through and say I finished something. In school I had always taken art classes, and really enjoyed it. I was then introduced to the computer and learning page layout my junior year of high school. Once I learned the computer side of things I put the making art by hand to the side. I think I let life take over and got complacent and let go of my art side. I am now a graphic artist at a small children's nonfiction book publisher and I love what I do. I started feeling like I was struggling creatively and I needed to push myself. So I started taking some drawing classes. Then I saw the Skull A Day project and bought the Make Something 365 Journal and decided to do my own project. At first I would have loved to have done Skulls, as I have skulls all over my house, but I looked around and I have just as many Suns! So that is how I started this project.




How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? Well I have just passed the halfway point of this project and I feel wonderful. I have to admit that there are some days I am just tired and don't want to do anything, but I have pushed myself through those tough days. On those days sometimes I feel like I just put something together to say I made a Sun. When I am done I don't always like the outcome at that moment. I then will go back through and look at all the images and those Suns I didn't like to begin with, and I really like them now. I feel like my confidence is growing as an artist. I also feel like I am finding an inner peace, like something was always missing, that I should have been doing art all those years I put it aside. I have also noticed that at work I am not struggling for ideas as much. I actually have ideas for a new project for next year, most likely not a daily project, but looking into doing a weekly project. Thank you Noah so much for all the inspiration!


See all of Tara's Suns HERE.

4 comments:

Donna said...

I have enjoyed seeing all of the different suns that Tara comes up with. Some are VEEERRRYYY interesting and some are just amazing! It's always nice to see what Tara might come up with next. Very talented young lady and I'm very proud of her. :)

thoughtfulinspirations said...

I love that!

Tara Raymo said...

Thank You!

Awww! Aunt Donna I Love You!

Johannah said...

Love the idea of juxtaposed suns and skulls in your house. :)