100 Days Later

Aubrey Hale in Round Rock, Texas created 100 days of drawings in 100 Days Later and is already working on a second set of 100!




Why did you decide to do this project? I was inspired to take on a 100 day challenge after reading Michael Bierut's article about his '100 Day Project' Workshop at the Yale School of Art. I was drawn to the idea that I could pick any design challenge in any medium and repeat the process every day. The project could be less about making perfect art and more about working through the creative process.



How has doing a daily project affected your life? I hadn't drawn much since grade school and I never really drew consistently so my drawing skills improved over the course of the project. Initially I was very nervous about showing my work but friends were extremely supportive and appreciated that I had taken their words and reflected them back in unexpected ways. I also found that each day was a new puzzle. I had to find something that might work as a drawing and then figure out how best to communicate the idea with a limited toolset. The puzzle solving process became completely addictive and deeply fulfilling. Most importantly, this project led to a new passion that united disparate skills in a way I've never experienced. I've also learned to love the happy accidents, the things I don't notice I did until hours or days later.


See all of Aubrey's original 100 drawings HERE.

No comments: