Inspired By Nature

Charmaine Whitmore in Guelph, Ontario, Canada is using my book 365: A Daily Creativity Journal to create a year of projects she calls Inspired By Nature...


Why did you decide to do this project?  I decided to embark on the project after picking up your book at a local craft store.  My youngest child has started school full time this year and I felt it would be a good way to get back in touch with my creative artistic side, something I have wanted to do but just seem to keep putting off.  I am hoping it will spur me on to do many more creative projects and perhaps even lead to bigger things.


How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? When I started I felt a little panic, especially about blogging about it.  Could I keep up with this every day, would it just be too much?  After the first week or 2 I settled into a real routine.  I also found that I will usually do the project
of the day first and get on with other things I must do later.  I also decided early on not to put pressure on myself to be "perfect"  I will do my best creatively and if I have to miss a post for whatever reason
(sometimes I am without any computer access) I will double up my posts later.  I am currently only on day 27 but I hope I can keep it up for the whole year.  One other very interesting thing that has happened is that my 11 year old daughter got quite excited and started as well. She has decided to do a project whenever she can (usually a few times a week) and has also blogged about it.  Then to top it off my 6 year old gets very excited about certain projects and wants to work along side me.  She was particularly excited about the dig into the recycling bin project.  While I worked on mine she made an entire town out of boxes etc. after first writing down a plan of all the building she would need in a town.  My three children's enthusiasm, amazement at my abilities and support has been one of the best things to come out of this.


See all of Charmaine's projects HERE.

No comments: