Daily Mini Sculpture Project

Rachel Dorn in Yakima, Washington is doing a Daily Mini Sculpture Project, for 80 days...


Why did you decide to do this project? I decided to do the project as a way to get back into the studio during the school year (when I teach). Additionally, I was curious how it would compare to do a directed piece (like those I require my students to do) compared to a free, open-ended piece, given the same amount of clay and the same amount of time to plan and to work.


How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I haven't been doing this long enough to answer question two very well. I plan to assess the quality of the two groups of works and the end of 80 days. (it has been about 18 days as of March 26). The one certain change is that I have been in the studio everyday at home (not just teaching in the studio at work).


See all of Rachel's sculptures HERE.

No comments: