Rebecca's 365

Rebecca Grace Jones in Shepherdstown, West Virginia is doing a daily creativity project inspired by 365: A Daily Creativity Journal...



Why did you decide to do this project? I found your book in our wonderful, local independent bookstore, Four Seasons Books, Shepherdstown, WV, at the end of December last year and got very excited about the idea of starting this yearlong project right away in the new year. I love assignments. I loved them when I was a student and later when I became a commercial illustrator. I enjoy the challenge of taking someone's idea and seeing what creative thing it leads me to do.





How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I am on my 92nd day. I've been posting each thing I do on my Facebook page. It is enormous fun to have my friends give me feedback and comment and tell me how they relate to what I do. So it has become a great way to share and interact with my friends. Sometimes I get an idea of what I want to do immediately, sometimes I really struggle, sometimes I don't like the project idea and don't want to do it! But the funny thing is that those are the projects that usually come out the best. Each project seems to push me and increase my creative vocabulary, either with new media, new techniques or just making me think. I just wish I had more time to spend on them! I can give myself only a few hours a day tops because I make my living as an artist and need to 'make product to sell'. Sometimes that influences what I do, because I think if I make something I can use for my Work work, then it justifies the time spent. But mostly I just have fun!


I've also noticed a difference in my confidence level. For example, 'ask a stranger', I was unsure about doing and it ended up being the best fun! I'm tempted to gush with detail about all this, but I know you are a busy man and must get many emails to read. So just suffice it to say...thanks! I didn't realize I needed to 'change my life' when I started your book. Now I see how this works!



Follow Rebecca's progress on her blog HERE.

No comments: