365 Haiku For Your Consideration

Ilona Jordison in Grimes, Iowa is creating 365 Haiku For Your Consideration...


13/365 Shadow Play
Sharply etched shadows

shift as the moon climbs behind

the slumbering trees.

Why did you decide to do this project?  I've recently felt the need for a challenge to broaden my outlook and was inspired by other 365 projects.  The combination of discipline and creativity appealed to me as did the notion of living a (somewhat) less private life.   

8/365 Fresh Snow
Soft and light a clean
blanket gently covers all
offering no warmth.

How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I am about to post my first entry so the answer to this question is a projection of anticipated experiences.  Just having made the step from mulling to firm decision to "hit the button" has already given me a different outlook on my securities and aspirations.

2/365 - Squirrels
Saucy acrobats
perform in treetops framed by
my kitchen window.


Read all of Ilona's haiku HERE.

No comments: