Julie's Daily Project Follow-Up

Julie Thomas spent all of 2012 creating a collaborative daily project with her daughter (who started the project at 1 1/2 and is now 2 1/2)...




What are the biggest lessons/skills you learned from doing your project? In doing our star project, there were so many teaching/learning moments. I was able to teach my daughter a vast array of things, such as shapes, colors, painting, as well as things like creativity, and committing and finishing a long term goal.



In what ways did the project change your life? The project encouraged creativity in both myself and my daughter. For me it pushed my creativity in coming up with the daily projects, and for her it was in actually performing/making the projects. It inspired us to do things that we otherwise would not have and we spent wonderful time together doing it. It was a blast! My little girl also met her now best friend on Day 78 when the book idea was "Make something and give it to a stranger." We made a star wand and gave it to her. They have been friends ever since. How amazing is that!


Now what? Now we continue to do projects (okay, maybe not daily). Perhaps we will repeat the year long project when she is older and see what new things we come up with.



Read Julie's original 365 interview HERE.


See all of Julie's projects HERE.

No comments: