Japan in 365 Days

James Martin in Hagi City, Yamaguchi Prefecture, Japan is taking daily photos in Japan in 365 Days...



Why did you decide to do this project? I am living in Japan for one year, teaching English to little Japanese kids. I decided it would be a good idea to document my adventure somehow and, as a budding amateur photographer, a 365 photo blog seemed the perfect way. I thought it would be a great way to represent my everyday life in Japan whilst, at the same time, giving me the chance to improve my photography skills.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? The project has improved my photography skills and made me think more creatively! I am always on the look-out for interesting scenes, nuances in light and composing photos in my mind. It has trained me to look for good photos, beyond the obvious. Sometimes it can be a little bit of a burden- when I haven't found a good shot or I'm just not in a photo taking mood- but by in large, I am enjoying having a project to concentrate on and develop as the year goes by. When I post a blog I always feel a sense of achievement and as though I have created something.


See all of James' pictures HERE.

No comments: