The Many faces of Link

Cheryl Colee in Logansport, Indiana is creating The Many faces of Link. She explains, "I have a cat that I love very much. I posted on Facebook that I had found a photo album that he had hidden. I have been drawing a picture of him each day as an actor, musician, artist you name it. Each day I decide who or what I would like to draw. I then photograph the picture and post it on Facebook. I have been doing this now for about 3 months and I look forward to what I will draw every day."...



Why did you decide to do this project? I decided to do this project because I love to draw and doodle and I really wanted to find something that I could pour my creativity into. I felt the need for some direction in my drawings.




How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? A lot of times when I have had something to do every day it has been overwhelming. With this project I can spend about an hour a day with just me, doing what I want. It is always a challenge to draw , but also it gives me a spark every day. I can wake up and ask myself, “what will Link do today?”. It has given me an idea of what I can do and it also seems to make people happy when they see Link as a character. It gives me a chance to feel like a kid again, with no rules. I mean, whoever heard of  Salvador Dali as a cat. Well, now you have.


See what Link has been up to lately HERE.

No comments: