The 365-Faces Project

Anja Brunt in Amsterdam has created The 365-faces project...




Why did you decide to do this project?  Originally I didn't intend to start a 365 days project. I was already making little faces from fabrics, and thought it would be nice to have a wall full of this faces!
But how to do this and keep it a fun thing? Make one a day! After a week I got a lot of more ideas and decided to make the faces more various.






How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life?  It gives me a lot of fun and freedom. You can call it brain-gymnastics ;-) In my daily life I am a graphic designer. You have to stick more to the briefing of customers then. This project is more playfull but has similarity with graphic design.

For instance the kitchen object face of 1 june, you can use this idea for a cookbook.



I discovered that the faces are great to animate see: 'The moving rope face'



This one was great because it became a little art piece. I put a print en fabric face in a little coardbox


This theme 'the cotonstick faces' is one of my favorites I have to make 365 of them ;-)



Last but not least. I got in contact with a lot of other people by this project including this blog!

See all of Anja's faces HERE.


No comments: