A Diario // Daily Hand lettering

Laura Páez in Bogotá, Colombia is creating A Diario // Daily Hand lettering. She explains, "As a designer I feel that every day I have to push my creativity, drawing letters is one way. Every day, no matter how busy I am, I draw letters with inspiring words, or songs. This project help me to relax before I go to bed."


Why did you decide to do this project? I found the book one day when I was stuck on the same idea, so I start making exercises and because of my love for Typography, Calligraphy and lettering, I decided to draw letters every day, to get practice and be better every day, I know at the end of this year, my lettering will be better than the first day.




How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? It has been a great experience, because I start to share it on Instagram, and I receive a lot of likes and comments that I never imagine, then I shared it with my friends making a blog. I had to stop for a while because God give me the news I was waiting for: my pregnancy, so i was really busy between working, doctor appointments, and sleeping :) I opened a new instagram account just for the project (adiario) because it seems to be the easiest way to share it online. This project will become in something else...


See all of Laura's Lettering HERE.

1 comment:

fotoemma said...

typography is great. lovely work, laura :-))