Joy's Project 2013

Joy Bender Hadley in Marquette, Michigan is creating daily in her Project 2013...


Why did you decide to do this project? Not exactly sure... I wanted to challenge myself. I am an art teacher and in the past few years I had not completed many works of art myself. I have been attempting to push myself the past two years and figured this would be an ultimate test.


How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? This has been an incredible journey already! I have some weeks that are tough to produce and others that feel easy... But it is always amazing to leave my art studio everyday knowing I've made a mark, an image!

I also post my images online and that has created an environment of communication with other artists, family members and friends. I learn about myself with each image and with comments from others about my work, I learn about them. Such a collaborative feeling!


See all of Joy's art HERE.

No comments: