Kathy's Poem-A-Day

Kathy in Stockton, California is writing a poem a day based on the prompts in my book...





DAY 15 - What can you do with just a dollar?  Use a dollar bill as your medium or inspiration today.

Alliteration

The dollar depreciates, dated, but dependable, delegated to the dollar store for discovered daily deals dealt by darling diligent Donna, the damsel designated to dispense the desired discoveries from duct tape to dish soap.  

Why did you decide to do this project? Stumbled across 365 while browsing on Amazon.  It was intriguing.  Now my husband has been inspired to start.  He plans to do a pencil sketch a day. 

DAY 6 - Look in the kitchen and work with the first thing you spot.

Ode to the Banana

Banana so bold
Vitamins you hold
With a nice thick coat
On you many dote

An apple a day
might keep docs away
But a banana a day
I say hooray


How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life?  It has inspired me to write which I have loved to do.  I take a creative writing class, but it covers only about 20 weeks of the year.  In class I found that I love to write poetry.  Each day brings a challenge, fun, and a smile - a wonderful way to start a day.  I can’t wait to see what the day’s “assignment” brings!

DAY 9 - Make something with your breakfast before you eat it.  2/26

Used Cheerios for my food
Made something to be viewed
Spelled “poem” on a plate
Took a photo and then ate

No comments: