3x5 everyday

Bryndie Beach in Carmel, California is creating 3x5 everyday... 


Why did you decide to do this project? After taking Tina Seelig’s MOOC A Crash Course on Creativity through Stanford this fall, I liked the idea of doing a mini creative project every day to stay alert and pay closer attention to the work involved in making a small treasure every day for a year.  Connecting and combining random items and thoughts makes for a great and surprising creative road map for the year ahead. So I started with the following:

Where will a 3 x 5 index card lead you?  How can that tiny frame come alive?  Can that small space hold the stuff of dreams?

Basic materials are 3 x 5 cards, which my Dad used on a daily basis, and found items in drawers, all loosely related to tea, a drink I love.




How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I try to not look at the prompt until the morning, then, depending on the work day and how much is happening, mull it all over and usually latch on to a few objects.  I like going beyond the first, second, or third idea, and seeing how many layers emerge to give each little 3 x 5 more depth and playfulness.  Although I am only on Day 21 today (March 7),  Noah's design challenges have filled me with energy and perseverance.  I find that even though the format is small, the thoughts and results can be BIG! 


See all of Bryndie's 3x5 creations HERE.

No comments: