A Yin Yang A Day

Emily Adelman in Ann Arbor, Michigan  is creating a A Yin Yang A Day...


Why did you decide to do this project? I saw Noah’s book online called 365: A Daily Creativity Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life!  Being someone who is not likely to turn down a challenge, I decided to take it on.

I chose the yin yang because it is often a symbol of my astrological sign, Gemini, the sign of twins, which is dual-natured, elusive, complex and contradictory.  I believe this correctly describes myself.





How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I have done a lot of research on the Yin Yang symbol, its meaning and history, and have discovered parts of myself that really relate to the dual-natured aspect of the Yin Yang.    I often find that doing art is a form of meditation for me because I tend to zone out (in a good way) when I’m working on my pieces. This project has also given me some excitement in my life, something to look forward to, I really enjoy hearing feedback from my friends and family who are following my blog.


See all of Emily's Yin Yangs HERE.

No comments: