Art and Song

Kim Lopas in Mayville, Wisconsin is creating daily Art and Song...


Why did you decide to do this project? Art has always been a huge part of my life, but my artistic abilities tend to lie in the realm of music.  While I don't consider myself a fantastic visual artist, making art is something I enjoy immensely.  I'm not doing this project with the goal of selling my work or gaining fame, I'm doing it purely for me.  I'm hoping to gain some insight into what I'm good at and hopefully I'll gain some skills in the process! 



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I decided to try to follow the Daily Creativity Journal closely as I could, because it forced me to think out of the box and try things that I normally wouldn't.  I've also gotten my roommate to try it with me which is fun, we get to brainstorm ideas and work together.  I love some of my output, and I don't really like some of it, but I think that is part of the joy of doing a project like this. 

I started this project in June because, as a teacher, I have quite a bit more time in the summer.  I decided that if I seriously wanted to get the ball rolling on it, I should do it now, so that when school started it would be part of my routine.  That being said, I'm about to go traveling for three weeks, which will put a new spin on the project.  I'm excited to see "where" it takes me! 


See all of Kim's art HERE.

No comments: