Doodle a Day

Anne Gratton in Johns Creek, Georgia is making a Doodle a Day...



Why did you decide to do this project? I decided to do this project to get me out of a rut I had been in for many years.  I was a decorative painter and loved painting-but felt the urge to
try my hand at other things.  My mind kept telling me to go to Mixed Media – but I felt trapped by the "rules" I had put in my own head. You know-things are suppose to "look" a certain way.
A friend of mine told me about your book 365: A Daily Creativity Journal.  I bought it and instantly decided I would do a Doodle a Day.  So I start with a line or a circle and create from there.  No limitations other than once a mark is made it stays on the paper.  It is very fun to see what happens everyday.


How has doing the yearlong/daily project affected your life? I give myself 10-15 minutes to "free flow".  I have told my friends I will be doing a Doodle a day.  Knowing that I have to put my pencil/pen/sharpie to paper and then publish it on my Facebook page gives me a feeling of accomplishment. My friends have come to expect to see my Doodle of the Day and I enjoy their comments. As far as the Mixed Media-I have started doing a few canvases.  I find that I am not as intimidated, as before, to start a new project--I just start  and see where my inner spirit takes me.  That bravery (lol) came from me just doodling daily and just letting it happen :)






No comments: