A Face A Day

Nelleke Verhoeff in Rotterdam, Holland is making A Face A Day...


Why did I decide to do this project: I love faces, masks and expressions. It's an endless inspiration for me. Every face has it's own story. I also love collections. So I decided to make one about my favourite subject: faces. This face project-idea came to me on the first of December 2010. I didn't want to wait till the 1st of January 2011, cause the inspiration was bubbling already. I decided to start in December, so maybe it will be 365 days and one month :-)




How has it affected my life? It's a good impetus to be creative every day. Making faces is my passion and this project is a nice excuse to make a lot of faces. To experiment in different styles; It's nice to see the characters emerge. Every day it is a surprise what face will show up. It gives me a lot of fun!




See all of Nelleke's faces HERE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are sooo fantastic! So full of character. I wish I could draw...