Rae by Day

Rachael Smith in Cincinnati, Ohio is doing a project she calls, Rae by Day. She explains, "I plan to photograph, make, sew, build, construct, or mold something every day for the next year. In most cases I will use the kickstart ideas in A Daily Creative Journal 365: Make something every day and change your life to come up with projects, but not in the order they appear in the book."...


Why did you decide to do this project? I've wanted to take the time to do something creative on a daily basis for a while now. It's been hard with my long commute to work, one hour there and one hour back, but I finally found the motivation when I stumbled upon this book, 365: A Daily Creative Journal: Make Something Every Day and Change your life!. It was just the push I needed. I came home that night, February 20, 2011 and started with my first project.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? It's really helped me open up my mind to new ideas and I feel inspired on a regular basis. It's been great, before I started this project I felt like I was in a big creative rut. Now I have all sorts of ideas going though my head on a daily basis. I am constantly trying to come up with ideas for new projects and feel really productive and accomplished. It's a great feeling.


See all of Rae's creations HERE.

No comments: