LukePayneMusic

Luke Payne in Winston Salem, North Carolina is spending a year making music videos in lukepaynemusic...  



Why did you decide to do this project? I wanted to see what I could learn from it.  Posting videos was scary at first.  I feared being judged.  I wanted to overcome that fear.  I also wanted to get a clearer picture of who I am as an artist, what my strengths and weaknesses are, etc.  I decided that collecting all this data would empower me as I go forward, that I'd make better choices as a result of being better informed.  I also wanted to give the universe a chance to experience my work.  If not now, then when?  I also thought having to meet all these short term might help me get organized.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? The fear is more or less gone, and that is liberating.  I do not always have time to create things that I am thrilled with, but I do find that I can always come up with something that I feel is worth sharing.  The well is deep.  I don't think it will ever run dry.  This project has given me a stronger conviction that creating is really simply a matter of making time to create.  No more, no less.  I have learned a lot about making videos.  I am getting a picture of where I have been, what things I have gathered over the years, and how they have coalesced to make me into the artist I now am.



See all of Luke's videos HERE.

No comments: