365 Cat Ladies

Susan Faye of Willamina, Oregon spent 2009 documenting 365 Cat Ladies and "a few Cat Lads too" in watercolor and gouache!


Why did you decide to do this project?  I was new to Etsy.com and had begun to sell ACEO trading cards of my watercolor artwork featuring women holding cats.  I was inspired by The Daily Painters website and thought painting one a day would be a great way to get a little extra attention, and to become more disciplined as an artist.





How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life?
  I'm certainly more disciplined now and the project drove more sales to my Etsy shop as desired.  What I didn't anticipate was the joy I've received from making friends with hundreds cat ladies and animal lovers from all around the world, and getting to tell their stories on my blog!


See all of the cat ladies (and lads) in slideshow that appears in the sidebar of her blog HERE.