365 Portraits

Brooklyn, New York based photographer Bill Wadman created 365 Portraits, each of a different person, in 2007!...


Why did you decide to do this project? I had done two other year long projects before 365 Portraits ( my first 365 Project, and then a weekly 52 Project).  Mostly it was a motivational tool and a natural anti-depressant. Before taking these things on I would say to myself, "You say you're a photographer or a musician or whatever, but if that's the case, why aren't you writing music and taking pictures right now? Put your money where your mouth is."  Though you realize in the end what a wonderful use of time it is. So much to show for your year.



How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? They've had a massive effect on my life. In fact it was because of 365 Portraits that I switched careers from art direction to photography. When I'm not doing them I feel a real sense of missing the satisfaction that comes with creating something each day, all the time. It's quite addictive. The trick is coming up with new challenges to keep it about the results and not about the rules.






See all of Bill's Portraits on his site HERE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are so amazing...