GOing 365

Andrea Zelenak of Rochester Hills, Michigan is GOing 365! In her words, "The GO effect is a non-profit organization that I feel very passionate about. Many times throughout life, there are certain things everyone believes to be impossible. The GO effect proves these things are possible by showing the product of your belief, in yourself as well as across the world. My project is all about the GO effect. In my 365 days, I will make things that either promote, help or give to the GO effect, without spending a penny along the way. Art can create change. Change begins with one movement."...



Why did you decide to do this project?  Noticing this book made me do a straight up double take in Barnes and Noble (where you look the first time, but don't really SEE until the second).

I've always loved doing creative things-its basically who I am. I feel like art is one of those things that is seen as a waste of time. I don't think people  understand the power of creativity and what it can really do. I want to show people the effect art can have, no matter how stupid it may seem.

"The usefulness for the useless is good news for artists, for art serves no useful purpose. It has to do with changing minds and spirits" -John Cage


How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? I'm only on day 8-and so far it's consumed all of my free time. I'm not complaining at all...I wish I had more free time to spend on each creation. Its changed my outlook on how I want to spend my time as well. I'm going to college next fall- and so far I don't really have a plan for my life. Being reminded about how much I love to design, brainstorm and think in general, I've realized I've forgotten this all throughout high school. I'm kind of worried its too late to pursue anything out of. I'm not the best artist in the world, but through one week I've noticed a passion I don't want to let go of...ever.


Follow Andrea's progress on her site HERE.

1 comment: